Sunday 24 June 2012

Holiday


hol·i·day (hl-d)
n.
1. A day free from work that one may spend at leisure, especially a day on which custom or the law dictates a halting of general business activity to commemorate or celebrate a particular event.
2. A religious feast day; a holy day.
3. Chiefly British A vacation. Often used in the phrase on holiday.
intr.v. holi·dayedholi·day·ingholi·days 

We've just got back from holiday.  We had a wonderful week in Northumberland.  It was especially exciting as it was our first time away with our little boy who's 3 in September.  We were a bit worried about him becoming unsettled sleeping in a strange house but he loved it!  He really enjoys playing in the sand so we couldn't wait to get him to the beach.  Near Bamburgh the beach is separated from the road by big sand dunes so he couldn't see it at first.  His face lit up in shock when we finally crested the dune and he saw this:


The beaches up there are amazing!  Wide open stretches of sand as far as you can see with hardly anybody on it.  I've been all over the world but this is my favourite place on earth.  The boy had a lovely time playing.


Now that we're back I have something to worry about.  Right before we left I signed up for the Brit Quilt Swap 3 over on Flickr.  Silly me.  I haven't even made my FIRST quilt yet!  I am slightly nervous but not too bad.  I have a pretty good design sense, it's just the sewing part that is a concern.  I'm always one to just jump right in though so hopefully this will light a fire under my bum!  Here's my inspiration mosaic that I put on Flickr for the person who will make for me:



If you want to see who made these lovely things just click on the picture.  Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment