Thursday 14 August 2014

Instagram Mini Quilt Swap! #IGminiswap

Hello everyone!

It's been an age since I've blogged but life always gets in the way and media moves on.  I'm far more active on Instagram than I am here or on Flickr these days. You can find me there (and on Twitter) as @curly_boy1

And that's why I'm here today!  I'm setting up a mini quilt swap via Instagram, but I still needed someplace to have all of the basic info in one place.  So, here it goes:

First off, this will be the first swap I've ever set up.  I've been involved with them but only as a swapper.  Because of this I ask you all to be gentle, I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way.  I want this to be an International swap so you must be prepared to stump up the postage cost.  You may not need to depending on how the praticipants pair up but you should certainly be willing to.  I really have no idea what the interest in this swap is likely to be.  For that reason I'm initially limiting it to 100 people (well, 99 including me).  If there is substantially more interested then I may try and recruit some help in order to accommodate everyone, or I'll just run with the hundred.  Mostly I want this swap to be fun for everyone!  One path to this is to not get burdened down with rules so I have only 10:

The Rules-
  1. You must be on Instagram.  The tag for the swap is #IGminiswap
  2. You MUST fill out the registration form on Google Docs to enter.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZjU-A-5Lw9hLKrkk9cWE9xaR_ZhEiSDLTHtoENlXSaM
  3. Quilts must be no larger than 24” in any dimension, and no smaller than 18” in any dimension.  Quilts must be quilted, bound, and labelled.
  4. Please use nice quality, modern, 100% cotton fabrics to the tastes of your partner.
  5. This is a blind 3-way swap.  Your partner will know who you are and make for you but you won’t know who they are until it arrives.  You will make for someone else.
  6. You will be supplied with enough info to stalk your partner and find out what they like.
  7. Deadline for joining is the 1st of September or 100 people, whichever comes first.
  8. Mailing deadline will be the 1st of December for International and the 8th for Local.  Let’s get the quilts home in time for Christmas!
  9. PLEASE do not sign up if you are going to blob!!  I will hunt you down.  If you DO sign up and unforeseen circumstances happen, please get in touch with me sooner rather than later.
  10. HAVE FUN! 
That's it, 10 easy rules for a fun swap.  

Hope you join up, I'm looking forward to swapping with you!


****  Edit  ****

The swap is filling up fast with 40 slots of 100 filled in just two hours!  Thanks so much everyone.  As soon as 100 is reached I'll start matching partners so every one will get a few extra weeks of stalking, planning, and sewing time! 


****  Edit  ****

The swap has filled so fast, 100 in just 3 hours, I've called in some help and am raising the limit to 200!  Thanks all of you for showing such interest! 


****  Edit  ****

Holy cow!  Due to so many more people wanting to sign up past 200 I've enlisted the help of a bunch of other folks to help so I have now reopened the swap to sign ups!

****  Edit  ****

Sign ups are now closing at 3pm UK time on Thursday the 21st.  Spread the word!

22 comments:

  1. Amazing!! I'm so excited that I got in! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join if a spot opens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some extra Mama's so sign ups are open again!

      Delete
  3. I'd like to be on your Angel list. Of course, no one will flake, but just in case....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some extra Mama's so sign ups are open again! That way you can just join in. :)

      Delete
  4. Please add me to your wait list also in case anyone has to back out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some extra Mama's so sign ups are open again!

      Delete
    2. Kicking myself for not reading your blog daily for updates! I'd still like to have my name on list for swap angel. Can't wait to watch all the Instagram activity!

      Delete
  5. I signed up, but I would also like to volunteer to be a swap angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need another swap mama just give me a shout :) @sandycass156 on IG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to do a swap! Thanks for the chance, if it wasn't too late when I signed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you need a swap mama after influx.....I'm game :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got enough for now, but if it gets really crazy I'll let you know. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. I don't know what is more disturbing...the fact that I didn't realize you had a blog (duh!) or the fact that I wasn't following it (problem now solved). It is this reason that I both love and hate Instagram at the same time. Thanks for getting this off the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised as I hardly ever blog. IG is much easier.

      You're welcome! I'm happy doing the swap, even more so after the huge excitement it's causing. I'm also really nervous, but I've got good helpers so it should be fine...

      Delete
  10. thanks for hosting..eep just signed up for my first Mini quilt swap !! Ive joined other sewing swaps but never a quilt and this is just what I need to give me the kick I need to Make one..YAY excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is gonna be huge! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I signed up by filling out the form but I didn't get any kind of conformation email, was I supposed to? Is there a way to know if it worked or if I need to do anything else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google Docs doesn't send out a confirmation email. If you submitted the form you should be fine. If you comment on an IG photo of mine I'll see your IG name and can check for you.

      Delete
  13. I would like to join if its not too late?;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is a bit of a dumb question, I completed the google form, so we get notified of our partner via email after closing date?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am sorry i did not know you had a blog - but I do now!! sorry i missed the mini sign up but hopefully will be able to next future swap!!

    ReplyDelete